Of Worlds to Fall
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Data
by Apollymi

Main Series: Sailormoon, Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing
Genre: Crossover, Romance, Supernatural
Word Count: 610
Disclaimers: I own nothing but the idea. All series and characters are copyright to their individual creators and distributors, of which I am not one. I make no money from this fan-created work.

"Theoretically, it is possible to do," Heero announced in response to her question, "but you would have break every law of physics to do it."

She had asked about his progress with the chips and microprocessors he had taken from the time machine last night over breakfast. She had expected a negative answer, but this was so very, very far from what she had imagined.

She frowned, confused. "How do you mean, Heero-kun? I'm not following."

"First off, time travel? Should be theoretically impossible. So, Trunks, your mother is a certified genius." To her amusement, Trunks-kun just nodded his agreement, because apparently there was no arguing the woman's intellect. "I can see the command lines she used to make it possible, and they're... inspired."

Duo-kun snorted. "Earlier this morning, you said they were either a certified genius or certifiably insane."

Duo-kun was sitting between Heero-kun and Trunks-kun, pretty much directly across from her. He'd been picking at the remains of Heero-kun's breakfast and had been through a bottle of water already. She had worried briefly if the Reapers would figure out he didn't eat in the mornings and drop the amount of food accordingly before she had a chance to see someone about winter clothing, but thankfully the amount of food had remained the same. It might be the amount needed for the exchange, considering she had only eaten half of hers as well so that there would be enough.

She had been figuring that there would be some awkwardness this morning, with Heero-kun up until all hours (he had still been going when she fell back asleep) and what happened between Trunks-kun and Duo-kun. She could read some nervousness coming off Trunks-kun--and that was only because she had touched every inch of that body and knew it was tense.

She wasn't picking up much of anything from Duo-kun. It wasn't because she couldn't read him, because yesterday it had been as easy as anything she could think of, yet today there was nothing there. He still acted the same, but all the body language cues she had been using before were gone.

Thinking back to her dream, that might not have been too surprising. Both Duo-kun and Heero-kun were warriors. In different ways from her and in different ways from Trunks-kun, that was true, but it didn't change the fact that they had been--and maybe still were--soldiers. Of course they would be able to hide stuff like that if they put their minds to it. She knew she couldn't, but that was because she wore all her emotions on her sleeve for the world to see. There was no packing them away for her.

Heero-kun smirked over at Duo-kun. Trunks-kun at least snickered. "Maybe they both apply," he conceded. She laughed at the response. "So it is possible then, Heero-san?"

Heero-kun nodded once. "It will take a separate power source and some absolutely certifiable coding, but it should be possible." He sighed, glancing down at his lap then back up to meet Trunks-kun's eyes. "The original coding is set to go from one certain point in time to another certain point in time. I'm not sure if I can do too much to change that. It might take everyone to the same location."

"So there might not be a way to take us all back to our own worlds," she surmised, finally jumping back into the conversation.

"It's hard to say," Heero-kun conceded. "At this point, there's no way to know for sure. It's all quantum mechanics and theoretical physics, and neither of those are my strong suit. I can't make any promises at this point, Usagi, Trunks."


17 October 2012

Meaty plot bits... And yes, Bulma Briefs is indeed a certified genius (and possibly certifiably insane as well). Yes, there were long sections of the Frieza Saga where I wanted to hit her, but she is my favorite female DBZ character. No one really has to guess too hard on my favorite male DBZ character, right?

I'll upload Chapter Twenty-Nine on Friday. I'm finding I rather like this three-days-a-week schedule for updates. Until the story is finished, I might stick to it. I'm on the final chapter, more or less an epilogue. The whole story clocks in at over 60,000 words, all but 5k of which were written during August. It's taken me longer to write 5,000 words than it did to write 55,000. That's... kinda sad actually. (Can I blame it on discovering my love for the MTV show Teen Wolf and all the good authors in that fandom?)

See you in the next chapter!
Apollymi

[ Wasteland | Machine | Jaded | Honest | Encounter | Sensible | Facade | Secret | Holiday | Invisible | Message | Mundane | Miscommunication | Scars | Mutual | Unreciprocated | Sarcasm | Insanity | Embrace | Solitude | Power | Enigma | Exchange | Hidden | Technology | Twilight | Obsess | Data | Melancholy | Scramble | Worn | Collapse | Text | Breakdown | Depressing | Lure | Astrology | Cursed | Poison | Abyss | Variety | Anticipation | Descent | Hell | Mystical | Transmit | Desolate | Bounce | Garden | Recovery ]