Of Worlds to Fall
Chapter Twelve - Mundane
by Apollymi

Main Series: Sailormoon, Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing
Genre: Crossover, Romance, Supernatural
Word Count: 800
Disclaimers: I own nothing but the idea. All series and characters are copyright to their individual creators and distributors, of which I am not one. I make no money from this fan-created work.

It had only been four days since they had arrived here, but it felt as though they were starting to settle into a sort of pattern. One of them woke up first and separated out the food for the day; the first two days and today, she had woken up first, while yesterday it had been Trunks-kun who was awake first. Once they were both awake, then it was breakfast.

Trunks-kun usually trained a bit after that, making use of one of the two empty rooms on their floor, while she usually tried to find things to keep her busy. Most days it had been futile attempts to coax a response out of the Ginzuishou.

Their first day here, Trunks-kun had tried to show her how to fight, as well as gauge any abilities she had in that arena. To say she had no talent for it would have been a horrible understatement, in her estimation. The second day, they had created the maze that was the lobby. The third day, Tenchi-san had dropped his bomb on them.

Who knows what we can expect for today, she thought to herself with some odd amusement. Maybe the Thunder Emperor himself will come knock on our door.

Okay, granted, she wasn't exactly hoping for that, but she did accept it as a possibility. Anything seemed to be a possibility here.

Take for instance the fact that Trunks-kun's broken leg seemed to have mended itself completely in less than a day. Until they could reset it, it wasn't going to not be painful for him to walk on, by her estimations, and he would have a bit of a limp, by his estimates, but the bone was already knitted back together. While he had freely admitted that Saiyajin healed a lot quicker than humans, he had also said that this was way too fast even for one of them.

Rather than set up in the common area or her own room as she had been doing, today she had sat down against the wall in the room Trunks-kun was training in. It was weird, but today didn't seem like a good day for them to be getting separated. It didn't make any sense and made even less when she tried to think too much about it, so instead she just went with the gut feeling and made herself comfortable as near to Trunks-kun as possible.

And she hadn't thought it was actually possible for a person to do one-handed handstand pushups. She would have thought that either a person's muscles would give or gravity would have prevented it from being possible. Guess that shows what I know. Either way, one, wow, and two, be still, my heart.

It was actually a lot of fun to think things like that about Trunks-kun. In part, it might have been because she wasn't too sure she would ever act on any of the notions she was entertaining, not if it looked like it might make the friendship they were building uneasy or strained or anything. Right now, she was enjoying that friendship; she wouldn't want to ruin it.

Mostly, though, it was a lot of fun to think these kinds of things about Trunks-kun because he was really gorgeous. If Minako-chan had been here with her, by now the two of them would have probably been selling tickets to something like this. For now, though, she had the luxury of watching him exercise and thinking whatever she wanted.

In this weirdness of this strange world, the luxury of guy watching was so mundane that it was almost absurd. Not that she was planning on giving it up any time soon! Not a chance!

Trunks-kun lowered his other arm, so that he was doing a handstand, before glancing up at her. "You look like you're thinking about something really hard, Usagi-san," he commented as he slowly lifted the arm he had been supporting himself on before, in order to do the next set of pushups with the opposite arm.

She snickered briefly. If only Trunks-kun knew...

Well, there was nothing to say that she couldn't tell him. True, she didn't want to risk their friendship, but she did have her newfound honesty policy with him. She didn't want to go and wreck that by lying.

A little flirting never hurt anybody, and if Trunks-kun wasn't interested, he was always welcome to say so and she'd back right off.

Decision made, she winked. "Just admiring the view, Trunks-kun."

His other arm came immediately back down, but even that didn't seem to be enough to save his balance; he ended up tumbling to land hard on his side. It didn't look like it hurt him at all, which was a huge relief. But his entire face was bright red.


09 September 2012

You asked for it: you got it! Here starts romance. Because I love you guys.

As for the big fight scene, that'll be a bit yet. But bear with me.

See you on Tuesday, 11 September!
Apollymi

[ Wasteland | Machine | Jaded | Honest | Encounter | Sensible | Facade | Secret | Holiday | Invisible | Message | Mundane | Miscommunication | Scars | Mutual | Unreciprocated | Sarcasm | Insanity | Embrace | Solitude | Power | Enigma | Exchange | Hidden | Technology | Twilight | Obsess | Data | Melancholy | Scramble | Worn | Collapse | Text | Breakdown | Depressing | Lure | Astrology | Cursed | Poison | Abyss | Variety | Anticipation | Descent | Hell | Mystical | Transmit | Desolate | Bounce | Garden | Recovery ]