Of Worlds to Fall
Chapter Twenty-Five - Technology
by Apollymi

Main Series: Sailormoon, Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing
Genre: Crossover, Romance, Supernatural
Word Count: 884
Disclaimers: I own nothing but the idea. All series and characters are copyright to their individual creators and distributors, of which I am not one. I make no money from this fan-created work.

"The machine out front?" Duo-kun's voice cut through her thoughts. "Does anyone know what it is?"

This was the first time that they had all managed to sit down to a meal together since there had come to be four of them living in this small space. Maybe they were doing pretty good, since it was also the first dinner since Duo-kun and Heero-kun had come to be here.

"It's a time machine." Trunks-kun didn't even look up from his food to answer, his tone matter of fact. She would say that Duo-kun and Heero-kun were going to have to get over the fact that Trunks-kun ate like someone was going to take it away from him, but in truth, it looked as though Duo-kun ate in much the same fashion, though he certainly talked a lot more while he ate than Trunks-kun did and the proportions of food vanishing was quite a bit smaller, maybe more a normal size. Still, for someone who deliberately skipped breakfast, he was certainly going at dinner.

"A what?" That came out pretty close to a shriek, and she had to bite her tongue, hard, to keep from giggling. "Tell me I didn't hear you right."

She nodded. "It's a time machine all right. Definitely."

Glancing off to her other side, she snuck a quick look at Heero-kun. It hadn't even been a day yet since their arrival, but she was still making an effort to try to learn his body language and cues. For instance, right now, he looked completely disinterested in the conversation, intent only on his meal before him, but he was definitely paying attention to what was being said. Unless she completely missed her guess, he was actually very keenly paying attention to what was being said. This seemed to interest him, though there was no way to tell it by looking at his face. He had one of the best poker faces she had ever seen, if not the best one.

"Who in the world...? No, who in what world came here in that?"

"I did" immediately came from Trunks-kun.

"Wow..." Duo-kun trailed off for a long second before immediately picking back up full steam. "Who came up with a time machine? Okay, scratch that: I can think of half dozen or so scientists in my own world who could come up with a time machine in theory. Who actually made it work? I always heard that sort of stuff was purely science fiction."

Apparently, Trunks-kun was going to let the other man squirm until he finished eating. Thankfully for Duo-kun, that didn't take that long. "It's my mother's design. It took her a long time to come up with a working model, but it's all her design, her work."

"I would like to take a look at it." She blinked in surprise, her eyes shooting quickly back over to Heero-kun. She certainly hadn't expected him to jump into this conversation. Perhaps this was the sort of thing that interested him. She was having a hard time getting a sense of that off of him.

Trunks-kun nodded, climbing carefully to his feet. "I'm not sure how much I can tell you about how it works and all. My mother built it. I just fly it." He frowned darkly. "Or I guess I should say 'I just flew it'. It's been a bit... gutted. There wasn't much Usagi-san and I could salvage from it."

In turn, Duo-kun and Heero-kun stood as well, almost in unison. "Maybe there's something we can come up with," Duo-kun breezily stated, rocking back and forth on his heels, his thumbs hooked in the pockets of his uniform pants. "It's worth a shot, right?"

"Maybe." Trunks-kun's blue eyes shot back over to her. "Care to join us, Usagi-san?"

She grinned. It wasn't as if she knew the slightest thing about technology or mechanics or anything like that, but at least it was being included in what was going on. More than that, it was a chance to hang out with her boys while they did something at least two of them were clearly very interested in.

"Sure." She let Trunks-kun pull her to her feet and followed them out of the building. Once outside, she made herself comfortable in nearly the exact same spot where she had kept watch on Trunks-kun when he first arrived. This time, though, she had three boys to keep an eye on.

At least it's a very pretty sight I have to keep an eye on, she thought to herself in amusement. She had known from the second she laid eyes on him that Trunks-kun was gorgeous. She didn't think anyone would blame her for thinking the same thing about her other two boys, not if they had eyes to see her other two boys because wow. And yeah, she might be in a relationship with Trunks-kun, but she wasn't blind and looking wasn't touching.

Not unless Trunks-kun happens to be interested too. And there was that voice in the back of her mind again, the one that sounded so much like Minako-chan, giving advice that was way more detailed and possibly perverted than she strictly needed. She had Trunks-kun; at this point, having both of her other boys too would be selfish...

Wouldn't it?


10 October 2012

Sometime around 10pm halfway through the month of August, my brain gave up and just took a merry jaunt into left field. This is what happens when you're writing a story based an image manip/wallpaper you made.

Sorry about being behind. Plenty of editing assignments all caught up to me at once, plus Real Job. Writing and posting had to take a backseat. I am now on Chapter Forty-Nine (garden), though.

See you in the next chapter!
Apollymi.

[ Wasteland | Machine | Jaded | Honest | Encounter | Sensible | Facade | Secret | Holiday | Invisible | Message | Mundane | Miscommunication | Scars | Mutual | Unreciprocated | Sarcasm | Insanity | Embrace | Solitude | Power | Enigma | Exchange | Hidden | Technology | Twilight | Obsess | Data | Melancholy | Scramble | Worn | Collapse | Text | Breakdown | Depressing | Lure | Astrology | Cursed | Poison | Abyss | Variety | Anticipation | Descent | Hell | Mystical | Transmit | Desolate | Bounce | Garden | Recovery ]