Of Worlds to Fall
Chapter Thirteen - Miscommunication
by Apollymi

Main Series: Sailormoon, Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing
Genre: Crossover, Romance, Supernatural
Word Count: 881
Disclaimers: I own nothing but the idea. All series and characters are copyright to their individual creators and distributors, of which I am not one. I make no money from this fan-created work.

Trunks-kun, once he managed to get sitting upright once more, was as red as anything she had ever seen before. It was really cute. A voice in the back of her mind that sounded a lot like Minako-chan wondered if she could make him blush any brighter. She shouldn't be wanting to take that as a challenge. Yes, Trunks-kun did blush readily and prettily, but she wasn't going to push him too far on this, as she had already decided. A little harmless flirting was one thing, but going all out, just for the sake of seeing another flush might have been a bit too much.

She liked being friends with Trunks-kun, after all. They hadn't known each other very long, but that didn't really matter. It was nice, waking up every morning secure in the knowledge he was only a room away. She enjoyed having meals with him--and it was nice to eat with someone who ate even more than she did and with an equivalent amount of decorum. He was fun to talk to.

No, she definitely did not want to lose his friendship by overdoing the flirting where it wasn't welcome--if it wasn't welcome. It was a little hard to get a read on this with Trunks-kun. He might have been receptive, or he might not have been. She could only really say for certain that he was neither offended nor disgusted by the idea, so that was good at least.

"Usagi-san..." he complained quietly, just loudly enough for her to hear him from where he was sitting, most of the way across the room from her spot by the doorway.

"Sorry," she commented with a huge smile that was as completely unrepentant as she felt. "I couldn't resist."

"It's not nice to joke about stuff like that, Usagi-san." Already the flush was starting to die down--and wasn't that a shame?

Still, that was what the problem was? She sat back on her haunches, hands on her hips in indignation. "Whoever said I was joking?"

There was a small frown of confusion slowly building on his face. "But... you apologized."

"For teasing, not for joking." She didn't lower her hands, not yet, but she did offer him a wink. "I was enjoying the view. I was apologizing for..." And now it was almost too hard to say out loud, so she just blurted the last bit out in one breath. "...In case you weren't interested or anything." That out of the way, it was almost easy to speak again... and it didn't look like Trunks-kun had anything to say just yet. "So, I'm sorry for teasing and it sounding like a joke, because it totally wasn't, and I'm sorry for flirting if you're not interested."

Trunks-kun said something too softly for her to hear, especially while she was still speaking herself, so she slammed the brakes on her apologizing ramble in order to hear him, should he decide to repeat himself. Thankfully, he did. "You are, Usagi-san?"

"Oh, I'm interested. Of course I am. I wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't. That would just be mean." She paused for a long moment. "Are you, Trunks-kun?"

She could have bit her tongue at his silence. She knew she should have kept her mouth shut, honesty policy be damned. She shouldn't have said anything, and now there was no way to take the words back.

Well, she could try...

"Forget I said anything, Trunks-kun." She pushed herself to her feet quickly. "I'll let you get back to--"

"I didn't say I wasn't interested, Usagi-san."

The words came out as a rush, even more so than hers had been only a few moments ago, so much so that they were also impossible to understand. Almost. Somehow she managed to, though, and a tentative smile began to spread across her face. She wasn't quite ready to give in to hope just yet, though. Not without some kind of confirmation. "If you're sure...?"

There was that playful look she was really starting to enjoy. "I wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't."

Okay, then, this could end up being a lot of fun, she thought happily, a huge smile spreading quickly across her face, too large to contain even if she had wanted to... and she didn't.

She was across the room in a second, dropping carefully to her knees in front of Trunks-kun. "I'll hold you to that," she commented quietly.

With way more care that was necessary, she cupped both hands around his face, lifting it to look at him more closely. That pink flush across his high cheekbones was back; she was never going to get tired of that.

She pressed a cautious and chaste kiss to his lips, lingering just a moment before pulling back slightly. Trunks-kun still sat frozen, as if completely indecisive about what to do. She had felt the same way the first time she and Mamo-chan had ever kissed. And if this was Trunks-kun's first kiss, then clearly she needed to have words with the girls on his world, because she couldn't see any reason why anyone would pass up on Trunks-kun.

She certainly wasn't.

"It's okay to touch if you want to, Trunks-kun," she whispered before leaning down to capture his lips again.


11 September 2012

And here is the promised new chapter, on time and everything. Go, Team Me! I think this might be more what some of you guys were hoping for, yeah?

Anyway, the next chapter will be on 13 September 2012, this Thursday. See you then!
Apollymi

[ Wasteland | Machine | Jaded | Honest | Encounter | Sensible | Facade | Secret | Holiday | Invisible | Message | Mundane | Miscommunication | Scars | Mutual | Unreciprocated | Sarcasm | Insanity | Embrace | Solitude | Power | Enigma | Exchange | Hidden | Technology | Twilight | Obsess | Data | Melancholy | Scramble | Worn | Collapse | Text | Breakdown | Depressing | Lure | Astrology | Cursed | Poison | Abyss | Variety | Anticipation | Descent | Hell | Mystical | Transmit | Desolate | Bounce | Garden | Recovery ]