Good Enough
by Eternal SailorM

Disclaimers: Harry Potter is the property of J.K. Rowling and all associated copyright holders, of which I am not one.  I obviously do not own it since I'm not having money.
Dedications: To Katsuko, for not laughing too much when I figured out the narrator at last, and Rika, for the OKB.
Archive: DarkMagick(dot)net, ESMnet, and Calliope. Anyone else wanting it, please ask first. I'll probably say yes, but ask first.

It wasn't that he wasn't good enough. Far from it; he was good enough for anything. And it wasn't that he wasn't smart enough, rich enough, or anything like that, because he was more than all of those - and of course, much, much more. His allowance was more than some people made a year, and he had more looks, charisma, brains, and cunning in his left pinkie finger than some people's entire family did.

No, it wasn't a question of being good enough. This was all about being "better than". It was about being better than everybody else here. It was about them not being good enough to wipe the mud from his boot heel.

In summary, this was about being better than him. Even if it meant selling his soul to the devil - or any other Dark Lords he might meet along the way - then he'd do it, if it made him finally better than him, better than... Harry Potter.


13 January 2006

Happy Friday the 13th, people. I don't want to say anything else, because then the notes might be longer than the drabble.

Eternal SailorM