A Question
by Eternal SailorM

Disclaimers: Fullmetal Alchemist is the property of Arakawa Hiromu, and Bluebird's Illusion is from Ocean-X.  I obviously do not own either since I'm not having money... again.
Dedications: To Katsuko, for enjoying the story, inspiring Envy, and laughing at Pride.
Archive: DarkMagick(dot)net, FanFiction(dot)net, MediaMiner(dot)org, and AnimeRevolution(dot)net. Anyone else wanting it, please ask first. I'll probably say yes, but ask first.

"Envy?" He glanced up at the sound of his name. "What is a question?"

Of all the... "What kind of a stupid question is that? You just asked one!"

"Oh..." There was silence for a long stretch, almost long enough for him to go back to what he'd been doing, namely some quality relaxing. "Then what is one?"

One eye snapped open to see golden ones staring back at him almost inquisitively. "Is this really that important?" The blond shrugged. "It's something you ask to get an answer."

"So to get answers, I need to ask questions?"

Was it even possible for him to get a migraine? Either way he felt one coming on. "That's right. What do you have going on in that thick blond brain of yours?"

"So why did you tell me to quit asking so many questions?"

"Because you're annoying the shit out of me!"

"...I'm sorry." Gold eyes turned down to stare at his own fisted hands. "I'll... leave you... alone now, Envy..."

He let out another growl. "Get back over here." The other turned and moved back to him. He pulled the blond down on his lap, and automatically red-lined arms settled to rest on his shoulders. "You really are a stupid little idiot sometimes."

The blond was silent again then, "I'm... sorry?"

"Hmph," he snorted. "Shut up, Pride."


31 October 2005

And thus begins my first foray into Fullmetal Alchemist. Gods save us all.